Bunnelle Foundation Announces $249,995 In Grants Awarded
Posted on May 26th, 2017
The Frances P. Bunnelle Foundation recently awarded $249,995 in its “Grants for the Common Good” program to eighteen organizations working in Georgetown County. This competitive grant cycle was completed in late April.
Geales Sands, Executive Director, said, “These nonprofits all share our goal of improving the quality of life for our County’s residents. We are pleased and proud to support them. We hope that everyone will consider giving their time, talent and treasure to these fine organizations.”
Two areas of the Bunnelle Foundation mission were addressed in this cycle. Awards made in the area of “Addressing the Root Causes of Poverty” were to Nurse-Family Partnership and Tri-County Regional Development Corp.
Awards made in the area of “Encouraging Positive Youth Development” were to Carolina Human Reinvestment, Cultural Council of Georgetown County, Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum, Freedom Readers, Georgetown County Family YMCA, Girl Scouts of Eastern South Carolina, Girls on the Run Grand Strand, Grand Strand Tech Council, Hugs for Horses, Junior Achievement of Central South Carolina, Little Smurf’s, Reach Out and Read Carolinas, S.O.S. Health Care, South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, South Carolina Governor’s School for Science and Mathematics, and The First Tee of the Grand Strand.
The next available competitive cycle begins on June 5, 2017 and will address the Bunnelle Foundation mission areas of “Promoting Economic Vitality,” “Preserving the Environment” and “Meeting Basic Human Needs.” Please visit www.bunnelle.org for more information.
Front Row (In picture)
- Ruth Farb, The First Tee of the Grand Strand
- Danelle Greer, Girls on the Run Grand Strand
- Wanasha Brabham, Nurse Family Partnership
- Gail Phillips, Reach Out and Read Carolinas
- Arielle Fatuova, Chapin Art Museum
- Sue Handy, Girl Scouts of Eastern South Carolina
- Diane Haffey, Georgetown County Family YMCA
- Theo Golden, Georgetown County Family YMCA
- James Cooper, Little Smurf’s Inc.
- Bill Brabson, Tri County Regional Development Corp
- Lakesia Bryant, Nurse Family Partnership
- Jeni Becker, Junior Achievement of Central South Carolina
- Shane Riffle, Georgetown County Family YMCA
- S. Wilson, Little Smurf’s Inc.
- Terrie Thomas, Girl Scouts of Eastern South Carolina
- Michael Siek, Grand Strand Technology Council
Deprecated: Function previous_post is deprecated since version 2.0.0! Use previous_post_link() instead. in /home/dh_se6366/scgrantmakers.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031
Deprecated: Function next_post is deprecated since version 2.0.0! Use next_post_link() instead. in /home/dh_se6366/scgrantmakers.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031