Foundation Awards $404,610
Posted on March 22nd, 2016
The Mary Black Foundation recently announced that it awarded $404,610 in grants to 6 nonprofit organizations serving Spartanburg County.
- BirthMatters was awarded $60,000 to support a home visitation program for young moms.
- Girl Scouts of South Carolina – Mountains to Midlands received $109,610 to support improvements to the Camp Mary Elizabeth pool to encourage children and families to be active.
- Middle Tyger Community Center was awarded $100,000 to support comprehensive support, including parent education and child care, for young families.
- Spartanburg County First Steps was awarded $100,000 to support Quality Counts, a continuous quality improvement initiative for child care programs.
- The Arts Partnership of Greater Spartanburg was awarded a $20,000 matching grant to support Seeing Spartanburg in a New Light.
- University of South Carolina Upstate Foundation was awarded $15,000 to support expert multi-disciplinary training in child abuse prevention.
Molly Talbot-Metz, Vice President of Programs for the Mary Black Foundation said, “The Foundation is excited to support these organizations as they work to make Spartanburg a healthier and more vibrant community.” The next opportunity to submit grant applications to the Mary Black Foundation will be in August 2016. To learn more about how to apply for a grant, click here.
Deprecated: Function previous_post is deprecated since version 2.0.0! Use previous_post_link() instead. in /home/dh_se6366/scgrantmakers.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031
Deprecated: Function next_post is deprecated since version 2.0.0! Use next_post_link() instead. in /home/dh_se6366/scgrantmakers.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031