J. Marion Sims Post-Baccalaureate Fellowship
Posted on October 25th, 2018
Youth Engagement Fellow:
The Foundation has an immediate opening for post-baccalaureate candidates interested in community engagement, research, partner and program development with an emphasis on youth success. As a part of the Foundation’s strategic direction, the successful candidate(s) will assist Foundation board and staff in cross-cutting work that amplifies the voices and issues that impact young adults in our community, and works with community partners to support successful youth transition to adulthood. The Youth Engagement Fellow will work with the Foundation and partners to develop and strengthen opportunities for young people to thrive in Lancaster County, Fort Lawn, and Great Falls. Position is classified as a twoyear, entry level, time-limited, temporary position. The job description is attached.
Interested applicants should submit a completed job application, including a writing sample that addresses the following questions. Answers should be emailed directly to email@example.com.
- Describe an experience where you worked directly with a young adult, a parent, or other support person to make a positive difference for the young person. Include your motivation, your process, and the outcome, including your reflections on how your actions helped/hindered the result and what you might do differently in the future.
- Please provide your own personal mission statement related to the empowerment of youth in today’s society. Include your thoughts on what role the broader community can play in supporting youth success, and the ways that youth can impact community life.
Applications for the Youth Engagement Fellow position will be accepted through 11/05/18. Two letters of reference must be submitted by the deadline, submitted directly to the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applicants should submit the following:
- Application for employment (found online, Foundation Jobs Board)
- Cover letter and resume should be sent directly to email@example.com.
- Answers to writing sample position-specific questions should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two letters of reference, sent to the Foundation by the application deadline. Letters of reference should be sent directly from the candidate’s references to email@example.com.
Youth Engagement Fellow
As a part of our strategic commitment to helping youth successfully transition to adulthood, the Foundation seeks a Youth Engagement Fellow. Successful candidates have experience working with young adults and will manage projects and initiatives designed to elevate knowledge and sustain community support for the well-being of young adults in Lancaster County, Fort Lawn, and Great Falls, SC. This is a full-time, two-year fellowship (temporary employee classification).
- Continue research to identify opportunities and barriers for young adult success in the geographic area served by the Foundation.
- Host convenings of multi-sector partners to discuss youth-related themes identified through the Foundation’s youth engagement findings; develop and catalogue additional insights.
- Develop a community landscape of youth opportunity and activities, together with those serving youth and young adults.
- Convene youth advisory board to assess, support, and develop youth and young adult opportunities and experiences.
- Promote the positive opportunities through a communication vehicle (social media, “what’s happening” product targeted for youth).
- Continue to refine the Foundation’s summer internship program; working with staff, develop year-round structures to employ and involve youth.
- Share our intern model with community partners, support organizations working to add internship programs.
- Develop “Lunch and Learn” series for summer interns in the community.
- Work with USCL and school districts to develop internships, service learning, community service opportunities.
Minimum Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (degree conferred no earlier than 2014), any discipline
- Demonstrated work and desire to work with and/or on behalf of young adults
- Research, analysis experience
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Team player
- Experience working in a fast- paced environment, managing multiple priorities
- Initiative, self – starter
- Microsoft Office competency
- Social media proficiency
Preferred Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience):
- Community development experience
- Program development experience
- Embedded experience with young adult populations, families, youth support personnel
- Coursework or extracurricular work/research with youth
- Mentoring experience
Deprecated: Function previous_post is deprecated since version 2.0.0! Use previous_post_link() instead. in /home/dh_se6366/scgrantmakers.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031
Deprecated: Function next_post is deprecated since version 2.0.0! Use next_post_link() instead. in /home/dh_se6366/scgrantmakers.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031