Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation is seeking a Network Officer
Posted on February 21st, 2018
The Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation is seeking a network officer to develop relationships with grantee partners in specific states and manage related grants portfolios. The network officer will foster relationships with other philanthropic organizations and represent the Foundation in funder networks.
The Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation’s mission is to help people and places move out of poverty and achieve greater social and economic justice. Founded in 1953, the Foundation now makes grants to nonprofit organizations in 11 states in the Southeastern United States. MRBF supports organizations and networks engaged in collaborative, multi-strategy work, particularly those working at the intersections of three mutually reinforcing pathways of change: economic opportunity, democracy and civic engagement, and supportive policy and institutions.
- Develop the Foundation’s relationships in specified states to identify grant and investment opportunities
- Respond to inquiries for grants and program-related investments
- Review proposals and conduct due diligence for potential grantees; reach consensus with deputy director for staff recommendations; write recommendations for the board and make presentations at board meetings
- Monitor grants and program-related investments for compliance, impact and lessons learned
- Offer grantees assistance beyond grantmaking, including referrals, networking and general counsel
- Assist in planning and implementing “value-added” grantee activities, such as convenings, technical assistance, peer networks, etc.
- In consultation with the deputy director, develop and manage a budget for each state, region or thematic portfolio
- Assess and report on place-based or thematic portfolios; make strategy recommendations to the program team and board
- Participate in program team’s implementation and evaluation of strategy to advance the Foundation’s mission; contribute to learning on strategy and outcomes to inform grantmaking and strategic directions
- Develop and nurture philanthropic partnerships and other collaborations to encourage support for organizations and programs that advance MRBF’s mission
- Represent the Foundation at conferences and meetings; stay abreast of the philanthropic field and MRBF’s program areas through conferences and other professional activities
- Contribute to a transparent organizational culture where ethical policies are understood and lived out by all staff
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of grantmaking experience or nonprofit management experience related to the Foundation’s priorities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience at building relationships and fostering alliances among diverse people to accomplish goals; respect for the dignity and abilities of a wide variety of people
- Commitment to the South and the mission and values of the Foundation
- Deep understanding of the economic, political and social context of the South
- Experience with and trust in collegial decision making; ability to work independently, flexibly and with good humor
- Keen analytical skills, ability to learn and synthesize new information quickly
- Ability to use instinct and intuition effectively in building relationships and making decisions
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and think broadly with attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to travel
The network officer is a member of the program team and supervised by the deputy director. This is a permanent, full-time position with a competitive salary and generous benefits package. We look forward to receiving applications from a diverse pool of candidates. The Babcock Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a diverse staff.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11, 2018.
Deprecated: Function previous_post is deprecated since version 2.0.0! Use previous_post_link() instead. in /home/dh_se6366/scgrantmakers.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5453
Deprecated: Function next_post is deprecated since version 2.0.0! Use next_post_link() instead. in /home/dh_se6366/scgrantmakers.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5453