Community Foundation of the Lowcountry seeks Program Associate
Posted on June 1st, 2017
Title: Program Associate
Reports to: VP for Grantmaking and Community Leadership
Status: Non-exempt, full-time
The Program Associate performs various clerical and administrative tasks to support the work of the program office including grants management, program administration, and coordination of several fund committees. The position supports to two staff members and has frequent interaction with the public, nonprofit organizations and community volunteers.
Competencies and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Two or more years of administrative or program experience with a nonprofit or philanthropic organization
- Strong computer skills, including significant knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Ability to think and problem-solve creatively
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills with staff, grantees, applicants and volunteers
- Ability to influence and provide guidance to people with a wide range of cultural backgrounds and experience
- Enjoy working independently and as part of a team; and ability to work with supervision
- Proven abilities in analytical, database and reporting skills
- Attention to details and ability to meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of IRS and foundation-specific regulations
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when necessary
Community Foundation of the Lowcountry is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
To be considered, please e-mail cover letter and resume by June 23rd, 2017 to:
VP for Grantmaking and Community Leadership
No phone calls please.