Hollingsworth Funds announces open position
Posted on February 1st, 2017
Position Title: Program Assistant, Strategic Initiatives
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Application Deadline: February 28, 2017
Who We Are
An extraordinarily private individual, John D. Hollingsworth, Jr. established Hollingsworth Funds, a type-1 supporting organization, in 1976 as a means to provide support to the people of his adopted hometown. Upon his death in 2000, the bulk of his self-made textile and real estate fortune passed to Hollingsworth Funds. Under provisions of the trust documents, 45% of the annual distributions are designated to Furman University, 10% to the YMCA of Greenville and 45% to a class of organizations described as any 501(c)3 public charity benefitting Greenville County.
The vision of Hollingsworth Funds is a vibrant and successful Greenville County where everyone has a meaningful opportunity to achieve their highest potential. We primarily seek to ensure that low-wealth people in Greenville County have the opportunity and pathways to participate in a prosperous society. Hollingsworth Funds believes that systems-level change over the long-term has the best chance to make a positive, lasting impact on upward mobility in our community. Our approach is to invest our philanthropic capital in multi-stakeholder initiatives that bring public, private, nonprofit and community stakeholders together to participate in dialogue, research and data analysis, decision-making and implementation of solutions to common outcomes. For more information, please visit www.HollingsworthFunds.org.
The Program Assistant will be a dynamic self-starter who is inspired by the values and commitment of Hollingsworth Funds and the opportunity to learn and work in a demanding, collaborative culture. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, engaging, and able to deal well with ambiguity and an evolving environment. The Program Assistant will provide grantmaking and administrative support to the Strategic Initiatives team requiring an organized, detail-oriented individual with an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. The position will maintain grants-related software, interact with grantees and potential applicants, and support the Senior Vice President and Manager with various activities. The position will report to Tamela Spann, Manager, Strategic Initiatives.
If you were working with us, here are some of the things you would have done last week
• Entered, analyzed and managed data in GIFTS Online, our online grants management system.
• Provided timely responses to inquiries from grantees, grantseekers, and other partners about grant proposals, reports, meetings and other matters.
• Proofread grant recommendations and other materials.
• Worked with the Strategic Initiatives team to prepare materials and coordinate logistics for a Grants Committee meeting.
• Assisted with monitoring and evaluating progress of selected grantees.
• Organized and managed files on BoardEffect, our online board portal.
• Updated content on our website.
• Assisted with planning and implementing a convening for a multi-stakeholder initiative, peer network, or other activity.
• Conducted research and drafted a written summary of key findings on issues influencing economic mobility in Greenville.
• Read selected industry publications to stay abreast of trends, practices, policies, and other related aspects of the philanthropic field.
• Attended a conference or event to learn more about social issues facing Greenville or best practices in the field of philanthropy.
• Coordinated logistics for internal and external meetings.
• Provided other administrative support as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or at least two years of a college or university program is desirable. Two years of data management and administrative work is preferred.
• Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PPT).
• Flexible and approachable style. Ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
• Self-motivated and action-oriented. Ability to work independently in addition to working effectively with teams.
• Excellent listening and communication skills, balanced and reasoned approach to problem solving, ability to inspire trust and confidence, and flexibility and openness to differing points of view.
• Keen analytical skills with the ability to learn and synthesize new information quickly.
• Demonstrated project management skills including the ability to effectively manage time, meet multiple competing deadlines, quickly develop written materials, and maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
Hollingsworth Funds offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays. Further details on compensation will be provided to selected candidates during an initial phone interview.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter addressed to Tamela Spann, Manager, Strategic Initiatives at email@example.com. Resume and cover letter must be received by February 28, 2017. We will not consider any candidate without a cover letter. In your cover letter please address the following questions. 1) Why are you a good fit for this position? 2) What appeals to you about working at Hollingsworth Funds?
We anticipate conducting one initial phone interview with selected candidates followed by up to two in-person interviews before making an offer on or before April 14, 2017. Candidates will be notified via email of our acceptance or decline to schedule an initial phone interview on or before March 6, 2017.
Deprecated: Function previous_post is deprecated since version 2.0.0! Use previous_post_link() instead. in /home/dh_se6366/scgrantmakers.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031
Deprecated: Function next_post is deprecated since version 2.0.0! Use next_post_link() instead. in /home/dh_se6366/scgrantmakers.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031